Adult & Community Education
Certificate in Adult & Community Education - Level 8
This course is designed to provide students with foundation skills in adult education. On completion of the course participants should: have a basic understanding of how adults learn; be able to apply theories and philosophies of Adult & Community Education in their teaching practice; be able to design, implement and evaluate adult learning programmes, and; adopt a flexible and creative approach to education.
The aim of this course is to provide students with the practical skills and a conceptual framework for working with adults in community education.
- Module 1: Philosophy of Adult & Community Education
- Module 2: Group Work
- Module 3: Psychology of Adult Development
- Participants must be 23 years or over.
- Experience in Adult & Community Education.
- Possess the capacity to complete a course at NUI Certificate level.
- 85% minimum attendance
- Essay & Project work
- Learning journal